A crock pot, also known as a slow cooker, is a kitchen appliance that cooks food at a low temperature over an extended period of time. It typically consists of a removable stoneware insert that sits inside a heating base, which is controlled by a temperature setting and timer. Crock pots are designed to make meal preparation easy and convenient by allowing you to put all the ingredients in the pot in the morning, and come home to a ready-to-eat meal in the evening. They are great for cooking a wide variety of dishes such as soups, stews, chili, casseroles, and even desserts.
Crock pots are also known for being energy-efficient, as they use less energy than ovens or stovetops. They are easy to clean, as most models have removable stoneware inserts that can be washed in the dishwasher. They are also an affordable kitchen appliance, making them accessible for most people.
Some crock pots come with additional features such as programmable settings, digital displays, and built-in timers. Some also have a “keep warm” function that maintains the food at a safe temperature after cooking is done.
Crock pots are also a great option for meal prep, entertaining and busy lifestyle. With a crock pot, you can cook large batches of food and divide it into portions for your week’s meals, keeping your food warm and ready to serve while you spend time with your guests or have a busy schedule.
10 Reasons to Buy a Crock Pot:
1. Prepare Quick Meals: When you buy a crock pot, you’ll be able to prepare quick meals in no time. Now I understand that you’re thinking that a crock pot is a slow cooker and it is. But, they are still wonderful for quick meals. Simply throw your ingredients in and go to work. When you return, a meal will be ready to enjoy. While it may take 8 hours to cook the meal, it only takes 5 minutes to prepare the meal.
2. Keeps the Kitchen Cool: The heat that summer brings is enough to send anyone running to the nearest fast food restaurant. You’ll do anything to avoid adding extra heat to your home. While an oven can quickly heat your home to unbearable temperatures, a crock pot will keep your kitchen cool. When you buy a crock pot you really will save money on your cooling costs.
3. Great Second Oven: During the holidays, you may find it impossible to fit anything else into your oven. But, if you buy a crock pot, you will have a second oven. Crock pots are a wonderful way to cook turkeys, hams, and believe or not, desserts.
4. Great for Campers: Not all campers come with built-in ovens, but many do have electrical outlets. If this is the case in your camper, ditch the microwave and add a crock pot instead. Microwaves are useful, but a crock pot will prepare meals that are much more delicious.
5. Great for Buffets: A fun way to entertain is to have a buffet. If you have soups, chili, or even a stew you’ll be able to keep them nice and warm for your guests. But, that’s not all. You can also keep other things warm in a crock pot. Mashed potatoes and other side dishes will stay warm and delicious as well.
6. Easy to Use: Many appliances that you can buy are not always easy to use, but when you buy a crock pot, you’ll be able to use it right out of the box. You can buy models that have tons of features, but you can also still find models that simply have the option of low or high heat cooking.
7. Great Wedding Gift: More and more, both partners have to work to make ends meet. If you know someone getting married, why not make their lives easier by giving them a crock pot? When you buy them a crock pot, you ensure that they’ll always have a delicious meal on the table that was also easy to prepare.
8. Slow Cooked Taste: You can get slow cooked taste from your stove top, but it requires constant care. You must check on the dish every few minutes to make sure there is enough liquid so the dish doesn’t burn. When you buy a crock pot, you are able to have slow cooked taste without all the trouble.
9. Inexpensive Meals: When you buy a crock pot, you will be able to prepare delicious meals that cost a fraction of what stove top meals would cost. With this appliance, you will be able to take tough cuts of meat and make them tender. You will also be able to cook up a delicious pot of soup beans with ham hock.
10. Affordable: If you still need another reason to buy a crock pot, how about this? They’re affordable. You can find models ranging in price from $10 to $50. I recently picked out a GE model that I simply loved and it was only $25. One thing is for sure. If you find that you don’t enjoy crock pot cooking, you won’t be out of a lot of money.